How to use crystals for a better night's sleep
Crystals are thought to work on our aura and moods via vibration, bringing our messy, organic frequency in line with their own unique, symmetrical, and harmonized vibrations.
As a result, believers say they can change our moods depending on their own unique structure.
Each crystal is said to work in a different way – some are meant to be good for sleep, some for passion, some for ambition, some for mental clarity, and so on.
Chances are if there’s a mood or need state, there’s a crystal that’s supposed to deliver it.
So when it comes to improving our sleep, it’s worth giving crystals a try.
This is no replacement for professional help for sleep issues, to be clear – if you’re struggling with insomnia, please talk to your GP.
But if you want to experiment with crystals to give your sleep a boost, here’s what you need to know.
Which crystals can help sleep?
- Amethyst will soothe an overactive mind and banish bad dreams, it’s said to work like a natural tranquiliser. Wear as jewellery for its effects to take hold.
- Bloodstone will soak up any bad vibes (from people, equipment, electrical gadgets, situations or room energy) around you – it works best if you place it in a bowl of water next to your bedside (change the water every other day).
- Sodalite will help identify and reveal ways to address any issues that are plaguing your thoughts. Meditate with it for insights and epiphanies. Keep a journal handy to record your insights.
- Yellow Jasper provides soothing, nurturing, and supportive energy, making you feel like a close friend or loved one is hugging you and telling you all will be well, keep it under your pillow.
- Smoky quartz is the ultimate grounding, relaxing and stress-antidote crystal. Wear as jewellery to build up its effect, or keep it by your bedside to regulate the atmosphere and take on any stressful vibes.
How to use a crystal for a better night’s sleep
Like vitamins or supplements, while there may be some immediate impact of using crystals, the effects are best built over time, with continued use and exposure.
Therefore, keep your sleepy crystal/s under your pillow or next to your bedside (or wear as jewellery).
Make sure to pop them on the windo sill every other week (or, ideally, in the light of a Full and New Moon) for a cleanse and glow-up – like batteries, crystals powers need recharging.
For a specific night-time ritual, see below. This guided meditation, done regularly, will help you get in the habit of relaxing and becoming drowsy as soon as you start to handle your crystal near to bedtime.
- Hold your crystal in your hand or place it over your heart.
- Close your eyes, ground yourself with deep slow breaths, ideally taking 5 seconds to breathe in and 5 to breathe out.
- Consciously tense and relax your toes, groin, neck, shoulders, and jaw. Feel your body sinking and relaxing, like melted chocolate, into your bed. Let your breath return to a slow, even, natural rhythm.
- Now imagine yourself standing in a peaceful, beautiful natural landscape, looking at a giant version of your crystal in front of you, it’s large enough for you to step inside.
- Step inside the crystal, you find yourself in a beautiful crystalline tunnel, the same colour hues as your crystal, leading to a large chamber. You know this will become your own sleep sanctuary.
- Walk down the tunnel towards a large archway and enter into your sanctuary. You are now deep inside your crystal.
- Now you get play to interior decorator! With sleep in mind, fill the space with objects, symbols, colors, displays, animals, people, whatever you like, that speak to and represent relaxation, rest, peace, and calm. Make this your ideal dream sanctuary. Create a chamber that invites comfort and peace.
- See yourself lying down on a bed inside your sanctuary. You look serene and composed. As you settle down, you see your avatar close their eyes and start to breathe deeply. You are watching yourself fall asleep. Give yourself permission to join your dream avatar inside the crystal sanctuary and go to sleep too.
- Continue to breathe deeply, to live inside your vision, and to let yourself sink deeper and deeper into a magical, rejuvenating period of deep rest and relaxation. Sleep is only moments away.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article